This Blog was created to help people solve bar code and data collection applications with Microscan bar code readers and vision systems.

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Microscan Mini Velocity Reads Codes On The Fly


Microscan Mini Velocity Reads Codes On The Fly
Microscan's latest product, the Mini Velocity is another addition to the Mini family.
The Velocity has a different shutter that allows for capture of products in fast motion. - 100 inches per second.
We've tested it at 100 fpm and 4.5 inches away very successfully capturing the entire field of view. I believe external lighting would be needed for faster speeds.
The Velocity is the first Mini to feature Q-Mode, a new Microscan decoding algorithm, which allows datamatrix decodes down to 1.5 pixels/element.
Contact us for more information on this product

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am creating an application to communicate with a MicroScan 860 scanner using Serial Commands. The scanner ignores all my commands.
Example if I send it a < I > or < H > to enable/disable the scanner it does not responde. If I use the ESP software in Terminal Mode it works.

heyhilbo said...

Is the ESP software connected and running at the same time you're program is?

Anonymous said...

I am having similar problems, Serial commands not working with my own app. Only works with ESP terminal window. ESP is disconnected from the unit, I successfully connect to the unit. IT READS the bar codes, but i am unable to control the unit

heyhilbo said...

the default serial trigger character is < > or space. expand the settings in the read cycle screen and change the trigger character to whatever you need it to be and send/save